Business Planning Manager
Our Client is a leading provider of passenger transport in Europe, employing more than 60,000 people and delivering more than 2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. They operate a wide range of transport services, and through their vision and values, have an ambition to become the Mobility partner of choice.
Underpinning all they do is their investment in Technology and Systems (T&S), our client is now looking to grow an already talented team by appointing a Business Planning Lead to the data excellence team.
The purpose of this role is to provide experienced functional and technical architect input and develop, deliver and manage business planning solutions, which meet the business needs of Data Excellence's customers and enable the team to deliver its strategic objectives. These solutions will enable our business customers to improve their planning, budgeting and forecasting, reducing the time it takes to submit, collate and consolidate information across the business, leading to more accurate and higher quality planning. You will research, advise on and manage the technical and business aspects of business planning from inception through to implementation. This involves working across the full delivery lifecycle from requirements, user experience, design, development, implementation and support.
- Providing technical and solution expertise to the development of the business intelligence solutions roadmap, in order to meet the current and future business needs and strategic direction of Arriva
- Responsible for analysing and creating central and bespoke applications that will be used by the business to create resource scenario models for plans, budgets and forecasts, providing useful insight and information
- Designing, building and supporting planning solutions that integrate data from source systems and use this to create financial, operational and strategic models, enabling the business to improve their planning and decision making
- Working across T&S to align business planning solutions with Arriva’s Enterprise Architecture Strategy, ensuring that applicable standards and policies are met
- Leading the technical delivery of business planning projects through the development lifecycle, including design, development and testing. Assures the quality of outputs, manages technical resources and suppliers and escalates risks
- Leading the integration of systems (as required), building, packaging and deploying individual components, configuring environments and carrying out system integration testing
- Supporting the Head of Business Insights (and project managers) to manage and control project budgets
- Developing and maintaining engaging marketing materials and tools, which set out the business planning offer, describing the benefits of our solutions
- Developing a detailed understanding of the highly complex operating environments of internal customers, with the ability to understand day to day business planning challenges
- Working with business users to help them to use the standard Data Excellence capabilities and processes at a local level
- Inputting to recommendations for new technologies and methodologies related to business planning, which ultimately help Arriva deliver great customer experience, satisfaction and business growth
Skills and qualifications:
- Extensive experience designing, developing and supporting business planning, especially in organisations where the technology landscape is evolving
- Knowledge of a broad range of technologies across planning related disciplines:
- Planning: Adaptive Insights
- Appreciation of finance models for SAP FI/CO
- Experience of contributing to business intelligence strategy, gained in a complex, dynamic IT and business intelligence environment
- Experience working on both agile and waterfall projects, designing and implementing creative solutions
- Degree level qualification; relevant professional certifications desirable
- Experience of working in a federated organisation or a large global programme environment is essential
This is a fast-paced company with lots going on, presenting a challenging agenda for the future. It is also an incredibly rewarding company, in which to work and this role presents an opportunity to put your stamp on the organisation and move it forward significantly.