Field Service Engineer – Team Lead
South of England
Salary: Highly competitive
Our client is a fast paced, fast changing, technology centric company, revolutionizing image capture for the leisure and entertainment industry, and proud of its global operation across some of the world’s best theme parks, water parks, attractions and tourist destinations. It is also exciting times for our client and with projected growth right across their global markets, there is need now to recruit the very best talent available to ensure the future success of the business.
In particular our client is looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer – Team Lead
This is a player coach role, covering sites in the South of England. You will lead your team to ensure high levels of productivity as well as carry out the role of an engineer daily.
This will be a 5/7 day working week, covering of working evenings, weekend and bank holidays via a pre-agreed Rota. You should be comfortable with this before applying for the role.
· Manage the engineering rota to ensure that the appropriate cover is available at all times, ensuring the field service team capability is maximised and effective prioritisation of daily activities results in maximum up time.
· Liaise with the Head of Operations and HR to ensure that the UK Field Service team is fully trained in all areas of technical competency and provide high quality operator training where appropriate.
· Proactively provide high quality support and maintenance of systems, equipment and infrastructure whilst maintaining a customer focused approach.
· Ensure that service support and resolution of the customer needs and requirements are actioned within contractual SLA’s and local agreements in a timely and professional manner.
· Conduct incident diagnosis, remedial action and further consequential system downtime, to proactively escalate where required, whilst maintaining the role as customer primary contact.
· Conduct periodic maintenance of systems, equipment and infrastructure, and to identify and escalate any potential threats or risks to system functionality, and/or revenue generation capabilities.
· Record and maintain, in accordance with the current policies and procedures, all activities that are undertaken and completed daily.
· Provide high quality weekly reports.
· Provide asset management and media stock take when required.
· Undertake any other duties that are reasonably requested from time to time.
· Support new installations and upgrades of systems, equipment and infrastructure
· Provide input into procedures, process and methods of working to help drive the organisation forward.
· Experience in managing, leading and developing a remote field team.
· At least 3 year’s field engineering experience
· A full clean driving license
· Excellent problem-solving capability
· Ability to make logical and analytical decisions
· Ability to maintain calm and logical approach in challenging situations
· Flexible and adaptive attitude and can cope with priorities changing.
· The ability to multitask and assess priorities with excellent time management.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills, able to do this across all levels, internally and externally.
This is a fast paced company with lots going on, presenting a challenging agenda for the future. It is also an incredibly rewarding company in which to work and this role presents an opportunity to put your stamp on the organisation and move it forward significantly.