IT Senior Project Lead/Project Lead/West London/£ Competitive plus excellent benefits
Our client is a fast moving, diverse and high-profile Transport Infrastructure operator who are also market leaders in their sector, now looking to grow their internal Project Management Team.
In particular, our client is looking to recruit IT Senior Project Leads and Project Leads
The breadth of work includes business critical applications that are essential to the running of their business and to the delivery of infrastructure and network services that support their operation and those of their and business partners. Nor is there ever a dull moment, the variety of work ensuring that no two projects or groups of stakeholders are the same. You will also be joining an award-winning team of high calibre project professionals committed to the high quality of service provided to their customers and colleagues alike.
To lead the delivery of a portfolio of projects as part of the IT Programme Delivery team. Our client operates an outsourced delivery model and has appointed a number of key suppliers as Centers of Excellence (COEs) who are responsible for the day to day management of projects.
- Establishing the case for change, working with key stakeholders to understand and define the business need
- Engage the appropriate Centre of Excellence (COE) to carry out the works required to plan and cost the IT solution delivery
- Governance and project control
- Active ownership of the client RAID management process
- Ensure all supplier work is contracted through the appropriate contract mechanisms and adhere to procurement processes and standards
- Ensure all IT Delivery costs demonstrate value for money
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of project progress by compiling management
- Previous Programme Manager role(s) where you have led the delivery of a portfolio of multiple IT projects for over 2 years with a multi-million pound value
- 5 to 10 years’ experience of delivering IT projects in a complex environment
- Delivery of large enterprise applications or complex IT Infrastructure
- Accountability for all aspects of project delivery including financial management and commercial negotiation
- Extensive experience in project management processes i.e. risk management, change control, quality management, test management, etc.
- Experience of successful engagement with senior and challenging stakeholders
- Experience of the requirements and importance of business change and how to ensure they receive the commitment required.
- Experience of working in an outsourced model either as a client or supplier (desirable)
- Experience of working in aviation, infrastructure, manufacturing, distribution or logistics (desirable)
- Project management qualification such as APM or Prince2 (desirable)
- Participation in IT industry forums. (desirable)