Head of Training and Development
Our client is a market leading, ethical, fine-jewellery service that puts the consumer at the heart of the design and creation process. With a workshop in every store, our client is uniquely positioned to co-create original jewellery to particular specifications/budget, and at the same time give the very best consumer experience possible.
Central to our Client’s success is their investment in staff, training & development and retention, all at the heart of the staffing vision required to support the business. This is a growing business with an ongoing need to attract the very best talent and they are currently looking to appoint a Head of Training and Development to join the talented and highly regarded senior team.
Working closely with the main Board Directors and Group HR, you will build a new function with a consultative approach to support the senior leadership team’s goal of developing a team of ‘A players’ in a mature, empowered and rapidly growing organisation, whilst ensuring that all relevant stakeholders receive valuable and enriching training. As part of a multi-channel luxury retail company growing at pace, you’ll need to be an expert at executing swiftly and with agility.
Only those with experience in high end and/or luxury retail should apply.
- Create and implement a proactive training strategy to align within a rapidly expanding challenger brands' requirement.
- Responsible for On boarding, individual and group training development programmes.
- Deliver best in class practice and embody market leading customer service across the organisation.
- Enhance company values and award winning service delivery through effective people management.
- Design new retention strategies and policies to address market conditions.
- Lead the L&D function supporting Senior Management Team and Talent/HR in all aspects of performance.
- Provide additional career management learning to build a pipeline of talent for promotion and clear paths for skills development to move between roles.
- Coach and mentor middle management with an emphasis on maturing manager to subordinate interactions and behavioural change management.
- Build evaluation process to measure success of programmes, ROI, and continuous improvement of your team.
- Develop online tools and content creation for and customer engagement and training on specific features.
- Design bespoke training for existing staff, on-boarding new staff, and increased adoption of core features; all with a focus on improved service to our customers.
- Must be customer obsessed, resilient, and passionate about going on a journey to create a world-class support function within the UK.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast paced environment.
- Proven problem solving skills, project management, attention to detail, and exceptional organisational skills.
- Ability to build trust, coach, and obtain buy-in at all levels of the organisation.
- Establish learning needs from dissecting company and departmental strategies and goals. Design and deliver programmes after stakeholder consultation.
- Partner closely with HR functions to ensure all aspects of people and organisation are aligned and moving towards common goals.
- Experience designing and delivering programmes through multiple delivery methods; e-learning, action learning, workshops, blended, coaching and mentoring.
- Humble, self-motivated, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Substantial experience leading the OD or L&D function for a company (preferably in the luxury retail/ start-up or e-commerce space).
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills and results oriented.
- Qualifications in CIPD (e.g. Organisational Design, Employee Engagement & Relations, Learning & Development), training, occupational psychology, MBA, and coaching are an advantage.
- Expertise in designing leadership
Our client is ideally looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a close team, are passionate about what they do and who strive to make a difference.