Our client is market leading Design and Fit Out specialist with a growing portfolio of London/Home Counties commercial property clients, and where year on year growth requires them to regularly grow their already talented team. Right now, our client is looking to appoint a Senior Design Manager who will help lead the company through its next stage of growth.
Reporting to the main board Director, the Senior Design Manager forms part of a wider Management Team and requires you to work closely with colleagues across the many internal teams and clients alike.
The role will be focused on bringing the very best out of your team, a team made up of Designers and CAD/Project Managers, and helping them to deliver excellence, accuracy and attention to detail across the complete project portfolio. It is also a high-profile role within the business and one with a clear career path.
· Management and leadership of the design team.
· Ensure full client interface and advise on design issues in good time
· Management of the drawing checking, QA, coordination and tracking schedule as to align with the drawing delivery schedule
· Attending regular project meetings
· Attending and arranging internal design meetings/review
· Management of ‘as built’ drawings
· Drawing review, including Buildability, Access, Materials and Process Checking
· Develop department processes
· Review overall policy and drawing process and standards and document control
· 3-5 Years industry experience at Design Manager level
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Outlook, including a good understanding of CAD systems
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experienced in program project management
· Budget Management
· Negotiation skills
· Detail oriented and accurate
· Articulates goals and presents the company ethos
This is a fast- paced company with lots going on, presenting a challenging agenda for the future. It is also an incredibly rewarding company in which to work and where investment in staff is key.