Senior Technical Architect
£Six Figure package to attract the very best
Our client is a leading technology solutions provider enabling large scale business change programmes through services that include Agile consulting, digital commerce, BI and analytics, application development, support and testing.
At the heart of their success is their investment in staff, and with a growing order book our client is looking to appoint a Senior Technical Architect to join their talented client facing team.
In this role you will be based on client site in Croydon, enjoy the client facing responsibilities, and above all establish effective working relationships across the client business.
- lead the design and development of complex application services, selecting necessary architectures, standards, platforms and technologies to meet project requirements and user needs
- align architecture/development principles within the broader stakeholder community
- support development, test and deployment teams, driving quality and velocity outcomes
- support technical governance and assurance processes
- provide technical leadership and consultancy to internal/external development teams
- build and maintain technology roadmaps, looking ahead for future opportunities or blockers and ensuring decisions by development teams align with the strategy
- encourage communication and collaborative behavior across multiple teams to identify strategic and tactical requirements and dependencies
- enable a positive technical culture, applying agile methods to development and completing quality assurance practices
Experience and qualifications:
- strong software development, application architecture and integration experience, with good knowledge of open source technologies, testing frameworks and deployment strategies, including in-depth knowledge of Java technologies, frameworks and tools
- advanced understanding of integration technologies, standards and protocols (SOAP, HTTP, REST, EAI, SOA, ESB)
- experience of implementing Public Cloud (AWS) services
- knowledge of Fuse ESB or any other integration engine
- knowledge of logging, audit and monitoring standards, frameworks and tools (Zabbix, Cloudwatch, Guard Duty)
- knowledge of Linux operating systems and services (Redhat, Ubuntu)
- understanding of agile environments, CI/CD techniques and DevOps cultures
- experience designing and implementing secure systems to meet Government Security Classification and NCSC standards including knowledge of authentication and authorisation methods and security protocols
- knowledge of data modelling concepts, standards and tools (XML)
- Ideally knowledge of biometric modalities and standards
- an eagerness to influence how digital services are delivered to public sector clients
This is a fast-paced company with lots going on, presenting a challenging agenda for the future. It is also an incredibly rewarding company, in which to work and this role presents an opportunity to put your stamp on the organisation and move it forward significantly.